Sunday, April 10, 2011

Made in ________

I always wondered where my clothes came from. I only shop at two or three stores, which are my favorite. When I looked at all the tags of my clothes, I found out that most of my clothes came from China, and I was not surprised. Some of my clothes were from either Bangladesh, Vietnam or India. Which made me wonder, how many labor factories does China has? I knew it would be hard for me to find those kind of information because they do not put their whole information online. But I was able to find out that people in china make 5.55 yen an hour. In U.S. dollar it is 65cents an hour and $54.6 a week, which is extremely low compared to what people make here. I think, even they should have laws to protect their salary and at least get minimum wage, and feed their families properly. People who work there are probably either immigrants, or very poor families who do not have any other choice than to to work wherever they can find a job. The companies put their labels on the clothes about where it is made, and they are getting all the credit for it, but what about the people who made it? They are not getting any credit, and if the companies started to pay them a little better maybe their lives would change and they will be able to do something for themselves and their families.

-R

No comments:

Post a Comment