Sunday, May 1, 2011

My Future?

As I'm getting closer to the real world, I can see how people are getting affected by our economy, and it is going in the opposite direction. At my work yesterday, they fired almost 20 people, and it is hard for us because now we have have to work harder. I've never faced this kind of dramatic changes right in front of my eyes, and it was scary to see all the people get fired. Our unemployment rate just keeps getting higher and higher. if it goes on like this, then I'm not really sure how my future is going to look like. Before anyone could become whatever they wanted to, but now they all want something from which they can make a lot of money, which led to even more competition for school and jobs. I just hope that in couple of years we get back on track, so that people gave more choices.
I found a article in TIME Magazine which talks about where our new jobs would come from.
Hope you enjoy it!
http://www.time.com/time/nation/article/0,8599,1973135,00.html

-R

3 comments:

  1. Wow 20 people lost there jobs yesterday? That really sucks! I feel the same way. My job took over another company and combine two companies together but only kept the employees of the original company witch created a lot more stress and work for me. I already have a lot stress with school and than this, and the really messed part about it is that we are getting paid with the salary! I just try to do my best and hopefully things do get better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That TIME article confirms the sense we all get I think, that technology related jobs are the immediate future. It's either a cubicle or a cardboard box for us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This has a very good tying together of you're experience with a related article! Economics recently projected a 4% increase in GDP but really only received 1% as actual. (I'm quoting Forbes, not sure on the exact link) The real hum-dinger, though, if that at the same time prices only increase by about the same, people who were unemployed get new jobs. It's a tough world with competition but gotta keep at it. The little engine that could, to be sure!

    ReplyDelete